Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fairy Tales and Butterfly Trails

Happy Thursday Ramblers! It's Aphra with you today, and I have another layout to share. This one is a bit less bright, more soft and subtle. With so many ribbons to choose from, I can create whatever style layout I like and still find ribbon to embellish it.

Dragon Breath

Even though this layout features a picture of my son, I just couldn't resist using Basic Grey's Kioshi papers and chipboard. The colors were such a great match to the pink and purple dragon mask that came with my little guy's nebulizer. Doesn't he look so pitiful getting his breathing treatment? Don't worry, though, he's fine. Just had a little upper respitory infection that we didn't want to progress into pneumonia. Hence, the title "Dragon Breath."

I used mostly ribbon and trim to accent the top of my picture. To create my photo corner, I layered a piece of Light Blue Random Circles Grosgrain with a piece of Yellow 3/8" Rik Rak. Then, I accented my butterflies with some Cotton Candy Baker's Twine trails.


Another piece of Yellow 3/8" Rik Rak accents the center of my layout as well. I love the movement of the rik rak in the middle of the paper strips. It really draws my eye over to the title.
Thanks so much for coming by today! See you for our monthly blog hop on the 13th.


5 comments :

  1. Poor little guy and look at those huge blue eyes and red hair!
    Someone had a great idea to make the mask look like a dragon :o)
    Delightful page. Love the paper you have used and the butterflies with the twine and your bits of ribbon and rick rack.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made such a darling layout of such a sad little event in his life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy! BTDT with a couple of my kids when they were mush smaller. I wish someone had turned the nebulizers they had to use into such cute little dragon masks!! It sure would have given them something to smile about. I hope he is feeling much improved and doesn't have to go through this again. Love your layout. I hope it erases any bad memories he may have of this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how u used ribbon as a photo corner. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say