Monday, December 12, 2011

Welcome to our Recipe Swap and Food Packaging Theme Week!!

This post will remain on top until 12-12.  Please scroll down for new daily posts.

We'd love to have you link in below and share your own favorite recipes and packaging ideas!!

Hello everyone and welcome to our Holiday Recipe and Baked Goodie packaging theme week.  We will be sharing great recipes for all kinds of yummy holiday treats for the next 12 days and also showing you some fun ways to package them up for gift giving.


At the bottom of this post you will find a place to link in with your favorite goodies and packaging ideas.  We really hope you'll join us!  We will be awarding a $10 gift certificate to Really Reasonable Ribbon to a randomly selected entry that links in with a favorite recipe and packaging idea. 

We will also be giving away one (or maybe more!) December Ribbon Club Assortment from a random comment on one of the RRR Posts from now to December 12th.  Stop by and leave a comment on each post during our recipe theme week telling us what you think and you'll be entered to win.

*****************

I will be kicking things off with my favorite cookie recipe.  My family asks for these Chocolate Chip Cookies more than any other cookie.  You may find that the recipe looks familiar and that's because it's based on the tried and true Nestle Toll House Cookie recipe.  I've made a couple of little changes over the years so they come out nice and soft, just the way we like them!

Bonnie's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:


2-1/2 cups of flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 cup of butter flavor crisco   (butter flavor crisco makes your cookies stay much softer than using real butter)

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 cups (one 12 oz pkg) Nestle Toll House Semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter flavor crisco, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.  ** I use only shiny silver baking sheets because it keeps the bottom from becoming over-browned.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

*****************
Now for my goodie packaging idea........


My packaging idea would be great if you want to pass out cookies to your co-workers, or your child's teachers, bus driver, or any other time that you might want to give a little cookie treat.  I purchased some small 4" x 6"transparent bags.  I then cut a 4-1/4"x 5" piece of dark green cardstock and a slightly smaller piece of design paper and folded them in half.  I slid it down over the plastic bag with 2 cookies inside and stapled it all together.  Then I made a double bow with my Bow Easy tool using red shimmer satin and I added my little tag with a piece of white curly sparkling trim for some sparkle and I glued it all on to the topper.  This is a very easy assembly line project and you could have dozen made in a short amount of time.

*****************

Here's what you need to do to play along and share your own favorite recipe and packaging idea:

* Create a post sharing your favorite recipe along with a fun packaging idea for your baked item.

* You may enter as many times as you like, but you're asked to provide a new post for each entry. No back-linking please.

* All projects must also include some sort of ribbon/lace/trim.

* Post your project on your blog or in an online gallery (using code RRRrecipe) and link it here with the Inlinkz tool below. Please provide a direct link to your post, not an entire blog.

* You have until December 14th 28th at 5:00 PM Eastern time to enter your projects.  Our $10 RRR gift certificate winner will be announced on December 15th and will be a random selection from all the entries received.
 

13 comments :

  1. Butter flavored crisco!!!! So smart!! Glad I know that now, cuz we like sogt cookies too :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that is a great packaging idea! I use butter flavor Crisco in my cookies, too. I agree, they are much softer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun! Looking forward to getting some excellent recipies along with some creative gift packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!!! MMM....your recipe sounds delightful, too! Speaking of delightful, I got my very 1st RRR order in yesterday, and have already posted a card today using the Baker's Twine! Great stuff - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE chocolate chip cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum Bonnie-chocolate chip is my favorite, I would love to have these.
    Beautiful design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card on your cookie bag. Nice design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty much my choc. chip recipe except I use half butter and half the butter crisco. Cute packaging!!!! Now I am going to go make some cookies!!! Craving them after seeing yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeppers...I'm craving chocolate chip cookies now too! :)
    Love your adorable package BTW! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to Judy Rozema, I found your blog. I love ideas for packaging sweet goodies since that's what I tend to gift during the holiday season or for other special holidays (my daughter's school has parties at Halloween and Valentine's, so those are big gift-giving times). I can't wait to see all the different ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In case you are interested I shared a few of my favorite recipes very recently on my blog; Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake, Banana Nut Bread and Chocolate Chip Cookies(gift in a jar). I will be posting Rocky Road Brownies really soon too!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. An excuse to craft *and* bake? I am so on it!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say