Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Flourished by Fall

Happy Tuesday ribbon lovers!  It's Tammy Louise today sharing a project that is keeping the season of fall close to my heart.  Both of my children are October babies and one of the funnest child oriented holidays is fast approaching!  

Not a lot of supplies needed: Just the Studio G card pack, clear emboss pad, embossing powder, sentiment set and some wonderful fall colored Jute String Orange and ribbon from the September club pack and lace from our lovely leader Bonnie and the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store!
My card class had their monthly share last Wednesday, the theme was fall, and I decided to make my 5 cards from a tree stamp set and I've shown step by step process below.
Some of my new favorite card packs from Studio G are perfect for quick cards and offer really beautiful designs.  
I cut the Lace and grosgrain just long enough to spread horizontally across the card and glued them down in the lower section of the card.

I cut the Jute string long enough to string though the top holes and tied a knot in the front.
Then starts the fun stuff, I used an old tooth brush to scratch the fibers of the Jute string apart and make them soft and fluffy!  I tried separating this jute before with my fingers but it just doesn't turn out separated and soft looking!
I embossed the tree stamp from the set onto the front of the card and a very small sentiment at the bottom.  
Then I embossed the lovely sentiment that came with the stamp set into the inside of the card
I glued on some WOC flowers and a great button with coordinating fluffy Jute String Orange tied to it into the center of the lace and grosgrain ribbon.  
Voila! It's the perfect little fall card x 5!  Big hit in class!

Such a pleasure to be here and share my creation with you all today! 
 If you're looking for any more information on the project, don't hesitate to stop by my blog here
Hugs,
Tammy Louise 

2 comments :

  1. Wow Tammy Louise - this is absolutely stunning! I wish I was in your card class :) Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you layered the lace and the ribbon and what a beautiful card you made.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say