Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pink Dandelion Wishes


Hi there RRR Ribbon Fans!  It's Jessie here, with a card to share with you and a tutorial on a pretty little flower made with ribbon.

First I'll share with you the card I made and then I will get right to the tutorial.  You won't believe how quick and easy this lovely flower is to make!







And here's how that sweet flower is made:

The first thing I do is cut my circles.  For this flower, I used 1.5" Champagne Netting and 1.5" Pink Wrinkled Ribbon.
 
You can see from these pictures that my circles are not perfect, and in fact, it adds more texture to your petals if your circles are a little wonky.  For this particular flower, I used 9 netting circles and 6 ribbon circles.  The number of circles you need depends on the size of the flower you are going to make.



 For each petal, you fold it in half, then in thirds, as shown in the diagram below.


 Once you have all your petals made, it's time to cut a circle out of cardstock to glue your petals to.  I used a 1 1/8" circle for this flower.  I also poke a hole in the center so that I can glue the petals down evenly.

Starting with the outside layer, glue your petals around the circle, being careful to be fairly symmetrical.  


Once you've gone around the circle with the outside layer, it's time to add the second layer.  Be sure to offset the petals for a more natural look.  





And here are a few more of these flowers I made for future projects.  This first one is using the same ribbon weight (1.5" Silky Crush Antique Gold Ribbon), but I frayed the edges to give it a more vintage look.


The other flower I made was originally going to be for this project but it's a different shade of pink than I needed, so I will be saving it for something in the future.  This time I used 1.5" Pearl Pink Grosgrain and I didn't put a button or pearl in the middle, but instead used an extra petal in the center.  If using this type of ribbon, I highly suggest either heat-sealing the edges or using a fray sealing product.  Unless of course you're going for a shabby chic look. 



Other RRR Products Used On This Card:

1.5" Pink Wrinkled Ribbon
 1.5" Champagne Netting
1" Satin with Grosgrain Edge Pink 
Chloe Natural Crochet Lace
5/8" Satin with Grosgrain Edge Deep Sage Green
Wild Orchid Crafts Open Roses Ivory/Pale Pink 
Wild Orchid Crafts Open Roses 2-Tone White w/Baby Pink Center 
WOC Leaves Scor-Tape
3D Foam Tabs from Tombow
Bow it All Tool from Zutter 

2 comments :

  1. This card is super yummy all the beautiful colors, details, ribbon and those flowers are lovely thanks for the tutorial have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful is your card Such a great design and love all the embellishments and thank you for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say