Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Best Friends Card

Hello, Friends! I'm just popping in quickly today to share a sweet Best Friends card that features the February Ribbon Club Assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbon. These are fresh, fun ribbons and such a nice splash of color in the middle of winter. Take a look! You are going to love them!

February Ribbon Club Assortment
             
Aren't they scrumptious? They are so perfect for spring! And let's face it, we could all use a little spring right about now! I took them all out of their pretty wrappings and piled them up on my desk so I could just look at them. Pretty, pretty! I couldn't wait to play with them, and went right to work making this fresh, fun card.

RRR Feb 4 01


These pretty papers from Webster's Pages Best Friends collection were the perfect match for this yummy assortment of purple and green ribbons. The end result is a card that is light, bright, ,fresh and fun! I ran my base layer through a Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folder to create some texture and then sponged it with Dusty Concord Distress Ink to add depth. Three other patterns were matted with Stampin' Up Pear Pizazz and then stitched on my sewing machine. Matting different paper patterns with the same solid cardstock keeps the card from feeling too busy.

RRR Feb 4 02


I want that dog. He is so handsome...and he looks supportive, honest and loyal, doesn't he? I framed my image with the delicate Sandra Crochet Lace and then created a splashy double layer bow (using my Zutter Bow-it-All Tool, of course) with the festive Apple Green Satin Swirls Ribbon and the playful Purple and Green Confetti Dots Grosgrain Ribbon. This was topped off with one of the sweet Purple Cosmos blooms and a couple of lilac Bead/Berry Sprays. I love using these bead/berry sprays to add a little extra layering on a card.

RRR Feb 4 03


The inside is simple...just another panel from the papers with a little tag, leaving plenty of room to write a note or special message. This would make a great birthday card, thinking of you card, or even a Valentine.

If you're not a member of the Ribbon Club yet, you can sign up HERE. It only takes a second, and I can't believe how much yummy ribbon Bonnie packs into each month's assortment. It's like getting a birthday present in the mail every month....and who doesn't like that? Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you in the comment section below.

Cheerio,

kathy

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say