Sunday, March 8, 2015

Robots and Ribbons


Today I have a really fun post to share for all of you that have little boys and would love to throw them a special birthday party with a Robot theme.  There is a new stamp set out from Stampendous and it's called Screwloose.  The set is absolutely adorable and I kind of went crazy with it and the ribbon and twine that I used for it :) I made a card or invite... two treat holders and a name tag but  you can do lots more with it.  Maybe a banner, party hats and napkin rings or even games like pin the bolts to the robot.  It would be so fun I think with the stamps and ribbons and things.


 Here is my card and pillow box treat holder.  For all my projects, I used the burlap red string and the chevron striped twill ribbon in aqua.  Both of these really set off the matching Copic markers that I used to color the robots and the puppy with.  I also used one of my favorite dies for this from Spellbinders called Sprightly Sprockets and Modern Stationery.  They worked perfect with the stamp set.


 Here is a quick closeup of the card by itself.


I also made a name tag for each of the guests and a fun thank you treat card for each of them too.  It has the same theme and colors and I used the same ribbon for it.  Isn't it just so cute?


And lastly here is the name tag.  You can see here that I used a chicken wire stencil with some silver ink from Tsukineko and embossing powder from Stampendous.  This gave it a fun metal feel to it.
You can also order some of the silver metallic ribbons and twines and that would be fun to add in to this for other parts of your party decorations.

Here is a list of all the things that I used for my projects:
Burlap String Ribbon
Chevron Striped Twill Ribbon
Stampendous Screwloose & Sparky Stamp set, silver embossing powder
Crafters Wrokshop Mini chicken wire stencil
Copic pens C0, N2, R35, B02
Tsukineko: Versamark, Versafine in black and Brillance Platinum Planet
Scissors, Black, Aqua, and silver paper

So that's all for today and thank you for stopping over.... if you have any questions be sure and leave a message and I would be happy to answer :)

3 comments :

  1. Super COOL and fun!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, this is just so perfect for a little boy birthday party! I know mine would have loved it! I also love your photography! It always makes the project shine!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say