Thursday, November 10, 2016

Keeping It Simple

I've heard so many of you say things like, "I just need some simple ideas for cards I can actually create".  So....with that in mind, I made these cards and adorned them with lots of great ribbons, trims and embellishments from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  They always have the PERFECT accents for ANY project.  My goal for these cards was to show you just how SIMPLE it really is to create cards with ribbon.  Don't overthink it....just keep it simple.
For card number one (below), I used some patterned papers that I inked on the edges; and once I had them all in place, I laid a length of Canvas Color Band With Red Stitched Trim on my card.   Next, I wrapped a super long length of Ivory Burlap String around the card several times. and tied it in a bow at the top of the sentiment card.  I also tied in a bow made from the sweet Christmas Baker's Twine, and then topped the bow with a 12mm Crystal Flatback Round Acrylic Rhinestone.
For my second card, I switched the papers around to add some contrast to the set.  Then, I ran a length of Cream Seam Binding on my card and tied a double bow with it as well as a bow from Christmas Baker's Twine.  Again, I placed a 12mm Crystal Flatback Round Acrylic Rhinestone in the center of my bow.  They're just SO cute, and the perfect finishing touch to any bow.  Again....very simple.
My third card is quite similar, but I ran some thin strips of patterned paper that I inked and weaved together.  I kept this one really simple, and added three colors of Really Reasonable Ribbon's fabulous Solid Baker's Twine, including their Solid Red Baker's TwineSolid Natural Baker's Twine, and Solid Mint Baker's Twine.  Again, I topped my bow with a sweet 12mm Crystal Flatback Round Acrylic Rhinestone to match the other cards in the set.  You see, when you use a few simple ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon and keep it simple, anyone can create lovely cards...for Christmas or any occasion.
Really Reasonable Ribbon has everything you could dream of to help you make your cards and projects look over-the-top lovely!  Why not stop by today to treat yourself to some new ribbons and trims.  There's also a FUN CHALLENGE taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  So....grab yourself some new ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon, keep it simple, and create something beautiful.

Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say