Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Red Ribbons and Pink Flamingos and Valentines Day

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Some Valentines are deeply romantic.  Others are shabby chic.  There are masculine Valentines and Retro Valentines and Valentines for kids.  And then.....then there are Valentines that make you laugh and those are the ones I love the best! To meet that end, I've combined Red Ribbons with Pink Flamingos in this fun little Valentines Day mini folder.


Is this a hoot or what?  It reminds me of the pink plastic flamingos that flanked the bird bath in my great grandmother's flower bed.  I used to want to pull them up out of the ground and dance with them!  And they didn't even wear fancy black fedoras like this fine feathered friend!    

The January Ribbon Club Assortment is the source for all these fabby ribbons.  I created a tie closure by layering Red Chevron Striped Grosgrain over Red Swirls on White Satin Ribbon.  An itty bitty White Taffeta Bow is used to anchor my red flowers.  And a bold and beautiful 5/8"  Red Satin with Grosgrain Edge double loop bow is the perfect finishing touch.

Want to take a peek inside?

There are two cute little pockets filled to the brim with Valentines Day goodies.


I wrapped my paper spool with Random Heart and Confetti Dots Grosgrain Ribbon and then secured it to the vintage button card with Black Burlap String and a couple of stick pins. 

Although this has a Valentine Vibe, I think it would be a great birthday card or Just Because card or Get Well Soon card.  Whatever it's used for....I think those pink flamingoes are sure to make the recipient smile.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say